June 2023: A Happy Thing to Kick Off The Internship!

Romisha is a woman who reached out to Created Equal by email and Facebook Messenger, saying she was pregnant and in need of help.  She explained that she didn’t want an abortion but felt like she didn’t have many options.  We initially wondered if it was legitimate, but my co-worker Lisbeth got on a phone call with her, and she was indeed telling the truth, and Lisbeth directed her to a pro-life pregnancy center near her!

She got an ultrasound and is about 12 weeks along.  Because she is now connected to a pregnancy center, she will probably not stay in touch with us much, but it is so cool how God used us as a little connection point in this woman’s life that will, Lord willing, result in her child’s life being saved.

This occurred the first week of our summer internship, which was a wonderful way to start off the summer!  We have eight first-year interns this summer, three second-years, and for the first week, we also had a group join us from the West Coast, from an organization called Tiny Heartbeat Ministries.

First week of the internship!


One particular evening recently, I decided to take a brisk walk to Uptown Westerville, the adorable area of town near which I reside.  On the way I said to myself, “I hope there aren’t petitioners there.”  Lo and behold, I arrived to Uptown and what did I see but a couple of petitioners (signature collectors for the pro-abortion amendment).  One approached me and we got into a lengthy conversation all about abortion and the amendment.  I strongly urged him to stop collecting signatures and explained why abortion is wrong.  He didn’t agree with anything I said but he was pleasant to speak with, and I invited him to my church (he hasn’t come yet).

Here's a recent picture of Amari, a baby whose mom I met outside of Planned Parenthood last year!  She's so cute!


Season 3 of The Debrief: Pro-life Outreach is going well, and I have gotten significantly more comfortable being a host!  I don’t know how long I will continue in this role, but I want to continue until it feels natural.  You should totally listen to the show!  If you prefer to listen to podcasts on YouTube, never fear!  We are there!  Search for us: The Debrief: Pro-Life Outreach, or by our handle, @debriefwithus.

I have been traveling and doing social activities like a crazy woman.  Things like cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping…they tend to get put on the back burner.  Next week, Lord willing, I will join a group from my home church for a mission trip to the Boardwalk Chapel in New Jersey!  FOUR of my siblings will be there; I am very excited to see them.

One of my friends and supporters was in Ohio for a camp last weekend, so I went and hungout with her and her friends for the day!


Prayer Requests
- Romisha and her baby
- The interns, that God will work mightily in them this summer
- August election, that enough people will vote to protect our state constitution
- My trip to New Jersey and the evangelistic conversations that will happen there

From the frontlines of the battle for equality,

Maggie Groover


 

Comments

Popular Posts