February 2023 Newsletter: The Justice Ride Takes Off THIS WEEK!

If you have been receiving my newsletters for less than a year at this point, you may not know what the Justice Ride is!  Basically it is the best pro-life mission trip on which you could ever embark!  Once a year around the beginning of March, Created Equal rounds up a bunch of high school and college-age kids, who then receive excellent training in pro-life apologetics, and then we all travel down to Florida together where the Riders get on-the-ground experience having conversations about abortion on college campuses.

Our team does this type of outreach regularly, but the Justice Ride allows us to equip others to do the same, whether or not they join our staff.  Last year was my first time, and I am looking forward to the trip again this year!  I will have more responsibilities this time so I would appreciate prayers that I can keep track of everything!

High school outreach

This is something I’ve been thinking about: sometimes work can get oppressive, but perhaps not in the way you would expect for the kind of job I’m in.  People look at me and think, “wow, you’re so brave for sacrificing so much to do pro-life work full-time.  I couldn’t do what you do.”  And they’re referring to all the hate we get for taking a stand against abortion.  I don’t mean to make light of serious offenses against God, but those days where we get to go on crazy campuses and talk to people who say crazy things and hate us for saying every human has the right to not be murdered…  Those are the days that get me excited and keep me in love with this work.  I love the confrontation aspect.

A couple of girls came to Planned Parenthood the other day to protest us.  We don't normally get protesters out there!

The hard part of my job is the boring office work, which is funny, because that’s the “normal” part of my job!  Every job is going to have aspects of it that are tiresome and drudgerous.  That being said, I am super thankful to work in a place where I have amazing co-workers, where I am not faced with moral dilemmas in the workplace because I work with other believers, and where I know that I am doing something super important!  What a privilege!  I am reminded that I wouldn’t be able to do this work without support from people like y’all, so thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

I got to go skiing over a weekend recently!

Prayer Requests
- Praise: I’ve been doing better about getting to bed at a reasonable time!  Please pray that this continues!
- Please pray for the Justice Riders: for good conversations, for confidence if they are nervous, for compassion towards those they speak to.
- Again, please pray that I will be able to keep on top of all my responsibilities on the Justice Ride, and in general, that the trip will go smoothly for everyone.

From the frontlines of the battle for equality,

Maggie


 

Comments

Popular Posts