To Those Who Didn't Vote In the 2020 Election

I know, the election is past. Maybe I am needlessly offending people. But maybe, at risk of sounding totally snooty, someone will be convicted by my words and will change the way they think about voting in future elections.

If you are one of those who did not vote for either presidential candidate in the 2020 election because of a conscience issue (as opposed to having every intention to vote and not being able to, or something like that), I am speaking to you.

Do you realize that, by declining to vote for either candidate, you wasted a chance to weaken the radically pro-murder candidate by strengthening the other (who, by the way, has done a lot for the pro-life cause, but that's beside the point right now)?  And by wasting a chance to weaken the pro-murder candidate, Joe Biden, you are part of the reason he is about to be in office (unless a miracle occurs, which I am still praying for!).  Thus, you are part of the reason that even more babies will be slaughtered as a result of whatever abortion restrictions Biden removes.

It is no secret that Biden and Harris will do whatever they can to make sure abortion is as accessible as possible.  Don't try to tell me abortion rates go down under democratic presidencies; that's just not true.  (Another rant for another day.)

And before you tell me, "There are other issues to consider" regarding who you vote for, I ask you this: would you say that same thing if born people were being violently slaughtered at the same rate the preborn are (3,000 a day in the US alone)?  I don't think so.

This is genocide and it makes me angry that so few are willing to take a stand against it.

And that is why, if you declined to vote for either candidate in the 2020 election, I believe you need to get on your knees and ask God to forgive you.  Human lives are at stake.

Comments

  1. Hello Maggie. I am a Pastor from Mumbai India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in the Word of God and Godly things. It was interesting to go through your blog post which is addressed to the people of America those who did not vote in the Presidential election held in November. We were praying for President Trump to be reelected but did not happen and the one who is not for pro-life and liberal, Let us put things in God's hand. Though I am from India I knew that conservative christian prefered Trump more than Biden. Though Trump is not elected still God is in control. I deeply appreciate your stand. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged strengthened and praying for one another I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 41yrs in this great city of MUMBAI a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. we reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work wit us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changng experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you your family and friends also wishing you and your family a blessed and a Christ centered new year. My eamil id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Diwakar! So cool that you found my blog! I appreciate your comment; It is awesome to hear from Christians from around the world. I hope and pray that the Lord blesses you and your family in this new year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts