December 2022 Newsletter: New Beginnings…Right Before the New Year!

 “It’s not that bad.  It’s really not that bad.  It’s actually quite balmy!”  That’s what I tell myself every time I step outside these days when it’s cold out.  Hey, it helps!  That’s the power of positive thinking for ya!

I have no outreach pictures for this month!  We’re done with college outreaches for the season, so for the next couple months, we’ll only go out for high school outreach and sidewalk counseling at the abortion clinics, which are mostly uneventful.

Sneak peak into a new role I'm filling!

In the office, a big thing for me is that I’ll soon be taking over as a podcast host on our podcast, The Debrief: Pro-Life Outreach.  Created Equal has, sadly, lost many team members this year, including Lexie, who used to be a host on the podcast, so I’ll fill her role.  Pray for me because let me tell you: I have big shoes to fill.  We won’t be publishing any episodes with me as the host until March, and I’ll give you a reminder then, but feel free to start listening now, if you haven’t already!  We’re always looking to expand our audience!

We get asked a lot how our work has changed since Roe v. Wade was overturned.  Basically, it hasn’t changed because our mission to show the victims and talk to people about abortion is still very needed.  There are things in the political sphere that will affect our work, however.  Y’all heard what happened in Michigan, and how we went there to help other groups try to keep abortion out of the state constitution.  Well, soon the pro-abortion side is going to try to do the same thing in Ohio.  So we’ll be doing LOTS of door-knocking whenever the time comes!

Farewell to Jeff and Maria, my hosts for the last year!
 
Meet my new roommate, Mary!  (The pretty door is not ours.  We have certainly not had time to get ours all fancy yet.)

I moved into the townhouse at 376 Crescent Drive with Mary, my new roommate, last weekend.  My parents came up to bring me some furniture (and more) and help me move, and then they were off the next day.  It’s almost giving me a heart attack to see how much stuff I have, all in one place.  I’m looking forward to giving away half my stuff – AFTER Christmas vacation.  I’m going to NC this weekend and will stay through New Year’s!

Prayer Requests
- That I will remain dedicated in my work, that this does not become “just a job,” that I remember for whom I’m fighting
- For encouragement for our team, as we have lost several people this year

Please, if you have any prayer requests, let me know, and I will pray for you!  I love to hear from y’all, so don’t be shy!  Y’all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year’s!

From the frontlines of the battle for equality,
Maggie Groover



Comments

Popular Posts