September 2022 Newsletter: I've Been Assaulted!

I turned to see a girl coming quickly towards me, then I saw her arm reel back - I thought she was going to punch me! Instead, a moment later, I found myself (and the sign beside me) covered in black chalk paint, and the bottle rolling on the ground. Shocked, I reached for my whistle (also covered in paint) and gave a soft blow (so as not to soil my lips) as I watched the culprit get away.

This happened just last week at the University of Illinois Chicago on one of our Fall Road Trips For Life, and the next morning I spent close to two hours getting paint out of my hair! This is officially the craziest thing that's happened to me on outreach! (In case the title misled you, rest assured, I was not injured.)

GoPro footage of the culprit

In my last newsletter, I forgot to share one prayer request with y'all that's been fresh on my heart: that I would have boldness to share the Gospel more in my conversations about abortion. It seems only natural that it would come up, but it's really only been recently that I've started doing it more (since I and others have been praying for it more!).

I tend to avoid being the first to bring up God because I want the person to understand that, Christian or not, abortion should be something everyone opposes. I hate it when, as soon as anything related to Christianity comes up, the person I'm talking to immediately goes, "Oohh, so you're only pro-life because of your religion," and then they inevitably say, "But not everyone is religious. You're just imposing your religion on everyone else!" - as if they didn't hear anything else I'd said up to that point. What they don't seem to consider is that the religious argument doesn't work without the science to back it up that affirms that human life begins at fertilization. If preborn people aren't humans, our argument falls apart. But the science is clear.

However, it's really a fear of man that keeps me from sharing the wonderful hope of the Gospel with people, so I've been praying lately for boldness to share that, however imperfectly I do it, and even if it means get questions don't know how to answer. And guess what! God answers prayers!

Prayer Requests
- For the paint girl and others who oppose us to come to Christ
- For continued boldness in sharing the Gospel
- Energy for our team as we have two more Fall road trips left, and have several personal trips coming up!

Please always feel free to reply to me and tell me how I can pray for YOU!

From the front lines of the battle for equality,

Maggie

Talking to students at the University of Toledo

"Abortion is Essential" sign in front of our JumboTron at Eastern Michigan University

Our team got to see the Bean on our Chicago trip, among other fun activities!

Comments

Popular Posts